2018 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
This is great entry level bike for beginners. I paid money for this bike to start my mountain biking and I have to say it was well worth what I paid. It was really better than I expected. I was looking for a low cost full suspension mountain bike along with shimano gears and disk brakes front and rear so it was perfect for me. This is one of the best entry level mountain bikes under 500 for beginners which has recommended by many mountain bike riders. This is a light weight and low cost bike.
Table of Contents
Things to Consider before Buying a Mountain bike
Gravity FSX 1.0 dual suspension mountain bike is completely money worthy bike. It is perfect entry level bike and exactly same like the picture. It comes with 4 different sizes Small (15” fits up to 5’6”), Medium (17” fits up to 5’8”), Large (19” fits up to 6’) and X large (21” fits up to 6’1” and taller).
Affordable entry level 24 speed dual full suspension bike and it features front and rear Disc Brakes, an advance aluminum frame with solo pivot technology, lighter, higher performance hydro formed tubing, adjustable rear coil over cartridge shock, Shimano drivetrain and an adjustable front shock. It has everything that you need as an entry level mountain bike.
Presenting the Product
The Gravity FSX 1.0 is a full suspension entry level mountain bike which is constructed with advanced aluminum alloy frame.
The frame has perfect welding points and guarantees additional reinforcement and strength in all parts which can take the most pressure and force while riding. Still with the dual suspension and additional frame strengthening, the bike continues approximately the 26 lb and compare to other bike this one might not be the light weight, still, it’s not very heavy since it’s a budget bike. Both the fork and the rear are consists of Suntour shocks.
The FSX 1.0’s seat is made by same aluminum alloy as the frame as well and grasps a very relaxed saddle which is truly one of the amazing strengths of this bike. It makes all the riding more comfortable and pleasant.
For the gear system, it is totally consists of Shimano parts, which markedly contains the ultra-light and responsive Shimano EFT shifters. Suntour apparatus formulate the crank and cassette. These entire mingle to bring a fast and efficient shift system that provides you complete control over the bike’s 24 total gears.
Product Features at a Glance
- Frame: Gravity bicycles has Custom Formed TIG welded 6061 aluminum front Triangle with Hydroformed tubes has been one of the biggest factors that make it easy to control.
- Rear triangle: KS Coil Over with adjustable preload rear shock.
- Fork: Sun tour suspension fork, 750 psi rear shock.
- Shifters: Shimano ST-EF51 24 Speed w/EZ Fire Trigger.
- Front Derailleur: Shimano FD-M190
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera
- Crank set: Sun Tour, aluminum arms, Power shift Rings 22/32/42T.
- Cassette: Shimano Mega Range 8 speed 11-34T
- Pedals: Bear trap MTB w/metal cage.
- Bottom Bracket: Sealed Cartridge Unit, square taper.
- Brake: Tektro Novela mechanical disc w/160mm rotors.
- Brake Levers: Shimano ST-EF51
- Front / Rear Hubs: Formula forged aluminum disc w/QR & debris seal ball bearings.
- Spokes: Stainless steel.
- Rims: Maddux DX221, double wall 6061 T6 aluminum, black finish.
- Tires: MultiTread 26x2.1in.
- Saddle: WTB Speed V Sport SE with LoveChannel.
- Saddle Post: Aluminum alloy MicroAdjust, 27.2mmX300mm.
- Seat clamp: Alloy QR
- Chain: KMC Z-72 Steel Narrow 8sp
- Handlebars: Black alloy 20° rise aluminum
- Headset: Cane Creek Threadless 1.125in., contact sealed ball bearing.
- Grip: Kraton black dual compound.
- Stem: Comp aluminum threadless for 1.125in.
Above features are perfect for the entry level travelers with quality parts, durable creation and easily assembled method that can grow with the beginners.
- Great entry level bike for beginners in cheap price.
- Light weight than any cheap departmental bike, which allow it to move fast.
- Though a professional should assemble it, with proper guideline you should be able to assemble it.
- Up-gradable and provided components are industry standard size.
- Able to absorb most of bounces and allow great control.
- Great after sales service.
- They could have offer a better paddle set.
You should see this
2018 Gravity FSX 1.0 Features and Benefits
When you are looking for a low cost reliable MTB, There is a great difference between $3000 MTB and $300 MTB. People can rely upon low budget Gravity Mountain bikes. It has a great stopping power, consistent gears, and soil biting tiers.
Gravity bicycle features Custom Formed TIG welded 6061 aluminum front Triangle with Hydro formed tubes; which is one of the biggest factors that made it easy to control. Joints are pretty strong; industry standard size components have been used here. So, you can replace or upgrade it whenever you desire to.
It has Suntour suspension fork, 750 psi rear shock; quite well built and you can rely on it while ascending or descending in an off track ride. Gears shift quickly and quite smoothly, and lever has been designed in a ride friendly nature so that you can easily choose the perfect gear. Crankset also works well. I couldn’t find any major issue to complain here.
In rear triangle, Gravity MTB has KS Coil Over with adjustable preload rear shock which has been designed in a way to absorb a good amount of bumps and shock and provide much better saddle comfort.
Saddle comfort of Gravity MTB is much better, usually, in other cheap bikes, you won’t be able feel your butt after 45-50 kilo. You must agree with me that the comfort of the ride comes first if you don’t feel comfortable than you may suffer from knee pain, stressed elbow and so on.
Its frame triangle also helps Multi Tread 26x2.1in. Tires bite the soil and its rear shock and fork will allow you more control over it. So, don’t need to worry.
An Amazon customer Christina Conley mentioned it as “Amazing bike for the price” and also added-
I bought this bike to start mountain biking and I have to say it was well worth what I paid. The one recommendation I have is to change out the tires that come with it. The ones that come with it are a joke if you are truly going to go mountain biking my cruiser bike had more tread on it.
So far I have taken it on a very rocky technical trail a couple of times and it has done great and just the other day on a couple different 2,800 verticals feet trails and has done just as good as the $1000 bikes in my group. No problems with the breaks or the suspension after these long demanding rides.
No problems with loading it on the chair lift a couple of times either. When you do receive the bike there is little instruction to put together but utube can go a long way and after the first few rides re tighten everything since they will loser up at first.
The gears may need to be adjusted some at first and depending on if you hit any "sudden stops" You will need to readjust the gears. But compared to the Diamondbacks, treks, and specialized in my group it held its own and had the trek and specialized owners trying this one out and really liking it.
An Amazon customer Adrian Tarasoff mentioned it as “they were good indicators that this bike will make my riding more” and also added-
Receiving the bike in the box was impressive. Took about 30 minutes to assemble from the box making sure all parts were secured. Took it for a test run and was impressed even more with how it handled the terrain with full shocks. I must admit, for the price and reviews, they were good indicators that this bike will make my riding more pleasant to my surroundings.
Question: Is it possible to install a kickstand?
Answer: Yes, you can install it.
Question: Does this bike come with a kickstand?
Answer: This bike does not come with a kick stand and it is not recommend one on a bike that is being used off road because of the chances it will open over rough terrain.
Question: If I'm 5'6 should i get the 17 or lower?
Answer: Hello, I would recommend a 15" for someone 5'4" - 5'6"
Question: Where is the bike manufactured?
Answer: Hello and thanks for your interest. This bike is manufactured in Taiwan.
Question: What is the size of the shock if I want to replace it?
Answer: 165mm 6.5 in
Question: Steel or aluminium?
Diamondback Bicycles Laurito
- Frame material: Step through 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminum frame has a replaceable derailleur hanger
- Drivetrain: Shimano 7-speed rear derailleur coupled with 3 chain rings give you 21 speeds.
- Wheels: 27.5 inches Wheels
- Brakes: Linear Pull brakes
- Gear: 21 Speed.
If you are looking for entry level budget bike under 500 you can also try this Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Laurito Hardtail bike. It is a complete mountain bike comes along with a step through frame which helps you to get easily on top of the bike. The big fat wheels on this bike spin over all types of surfaces easily and comfortably offering you obvious rides. The speedy shifters allow you to adjust the gears quickly and very easily.
Diamondback Sorrento Bike
- Frame material: DB 6061-T6 heat-treated 27.5″ / butted aluminum w/ gusset, replaceable hanger
- Drivetrain: MTB Steel Arm 24/32/42t with Shimano Tourney front derailleur and Shimano Altus 7 speed rear derailleur for 21 gears in total.
- Wheels: 27.5 inches Wheels
- Brakes: Direct/ Linear Pull (V-brakes)
- Gears: 21 speeds.
- Suspension: Front Suspension.
This bike is also an excellent budget bike which is perfect for trail riding; go back and forth and cross country. For entry level rider I recommend this bike as well. This bike is also good in quality and price.
In general, the Gravity FSX 1.0 provides you the best just about all it can for the budget. It’s a well constructed full suspension budget bike.
If you have a limited budget, and craving to purchase a reliable, high quality full suspension bike you can truly take out on the trail, the Gravity FSX 1.0 and it is the best bike for you.