Best 8 Full Suspension Mountain Bike Under 1000
It's not necessary that you've got a budget and can't own a mountain bike for you. I can still remember my first mountain bike a few years back; I bought it at only $600. All I had to consider what is the purpose of my biking. If you need a full suspension bike as a beginner, you can surely have it under $1000. You might need some upgrading if you enjoy bike riding and want to add more fun to your biking. If you want the bike for commuting or any trail riding, you will need a full suspension mountain bike. You can have great fun with friends unless you want to compete in the championship.
In a Cycle shop, the salesman may have a crooked eye on you if you ask for a mountain bike under $1000. He will probably ask you to double the amount to get a real MTB. You shouldn't be confused with his words. If you need a rigid or Hardtail bike, it may be within $1000. But, you have to decide carefully, if you need a full suspension bike.
As a fashionable biker or beginner, you may find it difficult to understand what to look out on a mountain bike. So, I've thought to guide people to understand the important factors to consider when buying a mountain bike.
Table of Contents
- 1 Cornerstone for selecting a Mountain Bike under 1000
- 2 Frequently asked about Mountain Bike
- 2.1 Where do you ride?
- 2.2 Do you need a Hardtail or Full Suspension?
- 2.3 Do you have a budget?
- 2.4 What is the right wheel size for you?
- 2.5 What should be the tire size?
- 2.6 What will be the perfect drivetrain length?
- 2.7 What type of seat post you need?
- 2.8 What should be the frame component of your mountain bike?
- 2.9 Which is the suitable frame size for me?
- 2.10 Men Mountain Bike Chart
- 2.11 Women Mountain Bike Chart
- 3 Best 8 Dual Suspension Mountain Bike under 1000: My Favorite
- 4 Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Bike
- 5 Cyrusher FR 100 Men's Full Suspension Folding Mountain Bike
- 6 Downtube 9FS Folding Full Suspension Bike
- 7 Factory DS180 Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
- 8 Diamondback Recoil 29er Mountain Bike
- 9 Ancheer Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- 10 2017 Sumber RD 100 Cyrusher M310 Mountain Bike
- 11 Diamondback Atroz Nashbar Exclusive Mountain Bike
- 12 Wears and Gears for Mountain Bike
Cornerstone for selecting a Mountain Bike under 1000
The first MTB I bought, my budget was not too high. It was puzzled to me, what to have and what to avoid choosing the right mountain bike within my budget. Some said you need right frame and shifter; some said about tire and brake; other said about dual suspension etc. Many people said I wouldn't be able to afford it. There are lots of options in an MTB, which will make you confused if you don't read the beginner's mountain bike buying guide.
Riding mountain bikes for many years, I have learned that it's not about bucks, it's about my need. You can get it within your budget. If you're enjoying and require more fun, you can upgrade the bike quickly.
Frequently asked about Mountain Bike
You've to ask yourself some basic requirements about your mountain bike. Nowadays, the choice is not limited to the hardtail or full suspension; or the 26 inch and 29-inch bike. There're lots more aspects to consider. The answers will help you later to decide the best one for you.
Where do you ride?
It's very crucial to consider the terrain you're going to ride. Do you go to a single-track, the commonest one or the dual-track, merely twice than a single-track? Most of the time, you'll find either rolling trail, cross-country or smooth trials. You can also go for tackling rock or trail or down hilling. Selecting the terrain, you're riding will help you to resolve many of the following questions.
Do you need a Hardtail or Full Suspension?
If you're not sure with the term hardtail or full suspension, you should know it first. For a quick tip, a hardtail is a bike has a single suspension in the front, and a full suspension has one in the front and the other in the rear. You've heard the term dual suspension, which is exactly same as full suspension.
If you have a limited budget, a hardtail would be a wise choice for you. Hardtails are often lighter, need little maintenance, and it'll be more within your bucks. For a newbie or who wants to learn some good skills like body flow or line choice, the hardtail would be a better selection. On the contrast, having the full suspension bikes can be lots of fun to ride.
To select any of the suspension types, you've to look very carefully on the suspension fork. Your suspension bike should be tuned to get optimal performance. The lockout is another good feature for mountain bike, which might make the uphill very useful; especially when you ride from road to trail. Many suspension forks offer multiple modes, and you can quickly switch to downhill, ordinary trial, and full lock. Most of the full suspension bike pedals are very well and have adjustable shock absorption system.But the main thing, you should consider the place you're riding. If you're biking in rolling trail, cross-country or smooth trails, a hardtail would be an excellent choice. But if you're tackling rock or trail or down hilling, you should go for a full suspension bike to save you from bumps.
Do you have a budget?
It's not a big deal to fix a budget for the mountain bike. Instead, you might have to compromise few components. You may also consider the budget for the riding gears if you don't have already.
Often an entry level hardtail bike starts from $350 while the full suspension around $500. For a mid level bike, you will need a budget around $500 for the hardtail and around $1000 for a full suspension. Nevertheless, for a high-end product, you'll need a cut around $1200 for the hardtail and $2000 for full suspension.
What is the right wheel size for you?
With times the choice of the wheel for a mountain bike has changed. If you're in late 1990's, probably found the 26-inch wheel, a single option. Around 2010, you might have seen two wheel sizes which are 26 and 29 inches. In last few years, other options like 27.5-inch wheels became available on the market. This bike mostly replaces the 26 inch. But still, you can get 26-inch wheel mountain bike with the fat tire.
Again, your riding location is a significant factor in selecting the wheel size. If you ride on a fast flow trail, you'll get an efficient ride on 29 inches. But for the technical trail or for throwing the bike around, the 27.5 will be more athletic.
However, this is not all. For example, if you're a tall person, you'll enjoy 29 -inch wheel whereas if you're bit short, the 26 or 27.5-inch wheel will be better for you.
What should be the tire size?
It's not just the suspension and wheel, you should consider, you've to look at the scale of the tire as well. Tire width works as a regulator for your mountain bike's performance. For the fast moving, you'll need a wide tire. The wide tire provides more stable riding than the thinner; more contact with surface provides better grip and traction. The thinner tire is better for mud clearing. Moreover, more friction reduces speed.
Thus, you'll find the cross-country riders often prefer 1.8-2.2 inch tires. But "All Mountain" bikers, the riders from BMX background, and downhill racers use 2.1-2.4 inch tires.
You may also find a plus size wheel, which uses the three-inch tube that is not too fat. It may be useful for soft surfaces, whenever a little flow is essential. If you're a beginner, these tires will boost up a lot of biking confidence.
What will be the perfect drivetrain length?
Drivetrain length is crucial for the speed and hard work. But, if you're hesitating, let me clear what's a drive train? The drivetrain is the collective name of the crankset, chain, derailleur, and cassette.
You may find many high, and middle range mountain bike has got 1 by 11 or 1 by 12 drive train. It means 1 front chain ring and 11 or 12 in the ring in the cassette. You can also find 2 by 10 or 11 drivetrains in mid to low range bikes.
But if you're a beginner, try to avoid one that has 3 by 9 drivetrain. It'll be bit difficult while upgrading. As the beginners don't involve much shifting and changing gears 1 by 11 drivetrain is better. Best drivetrain manufacturers both Shimano and Scream offer 1 by11 drivetrains. You can look for the earlier 11speed version and now 12 speed. You'll get lots of benefit in 1 by 11 drivetrain by clearing a lot of clusters. You get a single shifter than multiple, and you can reduce the chance to make a mistake. It requires less maintenance and is lightweight. You'll get better tire clearance and the shorter chain.
What type of seat post you need?
Dropper seat post is a critical element in the current mountain bike. You'll not find this in lower end product but almost available in middle and high-end bikes. Dropper post allows dropping the saddle, and you can have comfort in the rough terrain. You can corner better and improve your confidence in the center. The downside of the dropper seat post is that its bit expensive than the regular seat post.
What should be the frame component of your mountain bike?
You can't overlook the frame element on a mountain bike. The weight and usability of the MTB very much depend on this. Most of the entry products are made of aluminum, which is a versatile framing material and comfortable to ride with. In mid-range mountain bike, you may get a mixture of carbon and aluminum. Often the bikes have carbon with lower components, which is next to an alloy bike. You can go for an alloy bike with mid-range and upgrade the components later.
The carbon frame bikes are lighter than the aluminum and tend to be stiffer earlier. A few years back, carbon bikes had a reputation for being fragile, but the modern carbon mountain bikes are much stronger and durable.
There're tons of things you've to consider, but instead, you should grab it as an opportunity; you're buying a mountain bike, not a cookie cutter.
Which is the suitable frame size for me?
Bikes height is vital for the bikers to have comfort without facing any difficulty. You need support with the height to go for any terrain with your bike. For improved efficiency, energy efficient, stable, safe riding and to have a lot of fun; you've no alternative but to select the perfect size that matches you.
You can look for the universal height chart for the mountain bike that suits your size.
Best 8 Dual Suspension Mountain Bike under 1000: My Favorite
If you're a beginner or entry level biker or even you're biking on an old mountain bike and need a new one immediately? Maybe your friend invited you for biking or else, and you don't have the time to solve all the questions by yourself. You need a full suspension bike but have a budget. Instead, go for increase some bucks, you can think about the mountain bike under $1000, I recommend.
Diamondback Recoil Bike
FR100 Cyrusher Bike
Downtube 9FS Folding Bike
Factory DS180 Bike
17" - 19"
Beginners & Intermediate
Number Of Speeds
Diamondback Recoil 29er
Ancheer Folding Electric
Cyrusher RD100 Bike
Diamondback Atroz Bike
Men,Women, Unisex Child
16" - 20"
16" - 20"
37 .4 Pounds
Beginners & Intermediate
Beginners & Intermediate
Beginners & Intermediate
Number Of Speeds
Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Bike
If you need a 6061 T6 Aluminum alloy rim full suspension mountain bike under $1000, my first preference would be Diamondback Recoil 2016. You'll get flat bumps for its XCT 100mm SR Suntour fork suspension and rear coil Kindshock. Shimano drivetrain could be good with Suntour crankset. Modern disc brake from Tekto Aires provides a quick pause in any place. It has the 29-inch wheel that helps you to cross the biggest root and ride smoothly on rock and holes. Four inches of suspensions with 29 wheels give a good, perfect riding.
Important Features of Diamondback Recoil 2016
- 6061 T6 Aluminum alloy rim helps you to get a good control over the bike. You'll have a good usability and durability of the bike due to its low weight.
- 3 by 8 drivetrain is a good option for the trail if you are experienced in mountain biking.
- You'll get a higher speed with your energy. Larger wheel size rotates a large surface in every movement. You won't have to worry while going through the off-track, to jump above, downhill and cutting the rock.
- Front suspension fork Suntour XCT 100mm SR and Kindshock rear coil suspension will absorb the maximum bumps of your road. This will be pretty good for your back.
- Rather having a linear V-brake this Diamondback Recoil bike 2016 has disc braking option. You can break anytime anywhere.
- 30.9-inch adjustable saddle will keep you safe while riding and you'll get a lot of fun in off-road riding.
Cyrusher FR 100 Men's Full Suspension Folding Mountain Bike
The complete Aluminum alloy bike, Cyrusher FR 100 offers you the lightweight mountain biking with a durable manner. The front suspension fork and the middle frame of this folding bike will provide better shock absorption. FR 100 avoids V-braking and instead it has both front and rear high-quality TW Yinxin disk brake. In this mountain bike, you'll get shifter level, front and rear derailleur of same model M310 ATLUS 24. The modern and ergonomic design is another great design feature of this bike. Cyrusher FR100 provides you great handlebar, adjustable saddle and anti-slip tires for safe cycling. You can fold it without any hassle and is a great bike for any trial and commuting.
Important Features of Cyrusher FR 100 Folding Bikes
- 100% Aluminum alloy rim has a smart composition with magnesium. It will be easier for you to control. This bike comes with promising durability.
- Due to having complete alloy the frame is light in weight and folding causes no problem for you. You'll have a great experience on riding in any off terrain and is suitable for commuting.
- Cyrusher uses signature pro MTB saddle that allows superior comfort in the long sitting or bumps.
- High-quality TW Yinxin front and rear disk brake allow you to take a quick pause safely and more efficiently in any condition.
- If you've some doubt regarding safety while taking a quick break, there're some other things to support. M310 ATLUS 24 shifter level, front, and rear derailleur provide additional support while braking.
- You will found great TW Crocodile handlebar and ant-slip tire for better control and safe biking; adjustable saddle gives a better riding experience on off road. Ergonomic design will suit your mountain biking image.
- The 26-inch wheel provides you with a regular mountain biking experience, and you may desire to have.
Downtube 9FS Folding Full Suspension Bike
Important Features of Downtube 9FS Folding Bike
- The aluminum makes this folding bike lightweight. Good construction material makes it durable, and you're going to use it for a long time. You get space for keeping two water bottles with the frame.
- Comfortable 9-speed brake levers with ergonomic anti-slip design allow you to take an easy and efficient pause. Anti-slip lever design with additional bar ends will help you braking in a crucial point.
- You can shift to the high-level hand bar in front and back according to your arm's grips. The height adjustable string is also right to fit with your height with a quick release joint.
- The front suspension has preloaded flexible system. You can easily control the load by the dial. There are front disc brake tab and a disc hub, which allow you to upgrade the bike in a 100% disc brake system.
- With the front V-brake, the excellent feature is the wheel sidewall rims. This ensures a perfect bite of brake and eliminates brake fails.
- This bike has very smooth cold forged crank and a frame protector just on the bottom. Therefore, you can leave the bike on it when you fold it.
- This bike also has a preloaded rear suspension, which has four interfaces on the rear Swingarm.
- The drivetrain is extremely high quality as the racing track.
Factory DS180 Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
Momentum Mobility brings the masterpiece for both men and women. You'll get 6061 Aluminum alloy hydroformed frame with its very durable and have total shock absorption capacity. Both 17 and 19-inch size options are available in 3 by 8 speed and two-color scheme. Multiple speeds help in control the bike in any off terrain. You also get 27.5-inch wheel size. This full suspension bike has quick release seat post. 27.5-inch triple wall alloy rim makes the wheel hardy for any terrain. Mechanical disc braking systems have full support with front and rear derailleur. Black rubber grip and Factory Signature saddle are awesome for having an extreme fun in riding.
Important Features of Factory DS180 24SP MTB Bike
- The frame material is hydroformed 6061 Aluminum alloy with the quality KS shockproof damper. The Suntour XCT 100mm is an excellent suspension fork, which has lockout design. This will provide you a comfortable ride on down hilling. Shock absorption system will be beneficial for your back.
- The bike is lightweight, and the 6061 aluminum alloy is very durable. You can use this bike for the year. Although, you can upgrade it'll be a perfect piece for a beginner.
- The bike is available for you in 3 by 8. If you have the basic of mountain biking, this is a good option for you, but if you're just starting MTB, you may face some issues.
- Rather using V-braking, it has dual mechanical disc brake TEKTRO M280 that gives you great control over your bike on any terrain. You may feel free and safe while taking a quick pause. Shimano TX800, front and rear derailleurs give an ultimate support, which is awesome.
- The front and quick rear release Quando 32H anodized hub are excellent. You don't have to worry about the axle, and quick release enables free wheel movement.
- The all Shimano bike is awesome with the Factory saddle and quick release seat post.
Diamondback Recoil 29er Mountain Bike
This Recoil 29er is a lightweight mountain bike made of aluminum alloy. This is full suspension frame and also has the front suspension fork and rear four-inch coil. It has 3 by 8 speeds with Shimano drivetrain that you can rely upon. Disc braking systems have a complete support with front and rear derailleur. 29-inch wheel is an innovation in modern energy efficient design and makes the rolling easier over any trail. Double wall rim of Aluminum provides strong support to the wheel and make it perfect for the biking. The 2.25-inch tire is awesome with Kevlar belt.
Important Features of Recoil 29er Bike
- 6061-T6 Aluminum alloy bike is something you can trust for its durability. A bit higher in weight makes the bike difficult to handle if you are bit small. Durability ensures that you can use it for years. Recoil 29er uses high-quality aluminum that is not fragile.
- Front suspension fork from SR Suntour XCT along with the rear coil of 100mm provides a higher comfort in bumps. You can continue riding on the rocks over the years without harming your back.
- 3 by 8 Shimano gear shifter is awesome if you have the basics of mountain biking. But as a newbie, it might create some problem.
- 29-inch wheel along with aluminum double wall rim and 2.25-inch tire allow you to aggressive biking. Kevlar belt in the tire removes your tension of puncture for off-road riding.
- Mechanical disc brake from Tektro Aires provides an ultimate pausing solution in any weather you can trust.
- Beautiful candy apple red color is excellent, and you're going to love its adventure riding style.
- You will also get the upgrading option to make the biking experience a pro version. I prefer to change the rear suspension coil and the adjustable seat.
Ancheer Folding Electric Mountain Bike
This ANCHEER Folding bike has aluminum alloy frame, which is very lightweight. Its rust proof and the painting material is non exposable. This uses high-quality mechanical disc brake in front and rear. Rather thinking differently, ANCHEER has the disc suspension fork in the front and rear. The sturdy wheelset has aluminum alloy spokes, which is cool. Adjustable handlebar is a standard for MTB. The E-mode is great and it gives about 25-50 kilometers support for a single charge. Therefore, you will get two bike in a single price, an E-MTB and an assisted bike. The tire of the bike is wire resistant, which is perfect for mountain biking.
Important Features of ANCHEER Folding Bike
- Aluminum alloy frame is high quality and makes the bike lightweight 17 kg. The frame material is anti-rust and coated with non-exposable paints. This aluminum frame is not fragile and can last long. You can have fun for years. You can easily control the bike.
- High quality lithium battery of 36V/8AH gives you a great opportunity to save your energy. You can ride from 25 to 50 kilometer in the E-mode. You can also use the bike in the assisted mode.
- You will get smartphone quick charging USB, free assembly service, and kickstand.
- Rather using standard V or linear brake, the ANCHEER uses high-quality disc brake.
- Shimano 3 by 7 speed drivetrain is awesome. This ensures a high-level biking experience in the entry level bike, if you’ve a little biking knowledge.
- Aluminum alloy spokes in 26-inch wheel give a high-quality riding experience. The 26-inch alloy rim provides a great support to the wheel. Standard 26-inch tire with 1.95-inch width make your ride easier in any terrain.
- Top quality disc fork suspension in the front and rear gives a higher level absorption to any terrain bumps. You may ride anywhere as you know, your back is safe.
2017 Sumber RD 100 Cyrusher M310 Mountain Bike
Cyrusher RD100 is a classic dual suspension beginner's bike. Complete suspension frame and aluminum front lockout suspension fork are impressive. This uses high-quality mechanical disc brake in front and rear. Like another model of M310 bikes, Cyrusher depends on the same derailleur in the front and rear. The Shimano 24TZwheel has six spokes made by Magnesium alloy, which is very durable and break resistant. It has 26-inch MTB standard tire with 1.95-inch width, which is very slim. 26-inch Magnesium alloy rim gives additional support to the wheel. This bike is very lightweight and has 3 by 8-speed options. Pro Color signature MTB saddle gives you hire comfort in any riding terrain.
Important Features of 2017 Sumber RD 100 Cyrusher FS MTB
- The bike has the RD10017 inch Cyrusher aluminum frame, which is a complete suspension. Aluminum lockout front suspension fork along with the frame can absorb all the bumps for you.
- 26-inch height is very typical for MTB and energy efficiency. So, each time you paddle makes a complete rotation.
- Shimano 3 by 8-speed drivetrain is awesome if you have some basic about the bike. You'll get a high-class riding experience with the entry level bike.
- Both front and rear brake have the same TW CSTAR BX-351, which are mechanical disc. Again the same derailleur with M310 ALTUS 24support the mechanical brakes for a quick and perfect pause. You'll not worry about breaking any terrain.
- Six magnesium alloy spoke in 26-inch wheel provide lots of fun for your ride. The 26-inch alloy rim gives great support to the wheel. Chaoyang MTB standard 26-inch tire with 1.95-inch width make your ride easier in any terrain.
- Signature Pro MTB saddle of Cyrusher provides the best riding in jerky roads.
- You may need a professional adjustment as it may come with some loose connection. But the advantage, you can upgrade most of its element to a premium level.
Diamondback Atroz Nashbar Exclusive Mountain Bike
High-quality aluminum frame makes the bike super strong. 9-speed drivetrain gives awesome gear in any trials. Full suspension in the front and rear will save your back from jolts in off road. Hydraulic disc brake allows you to competition quality braking. You will get the latest wheel size 27.5 inch in this bike with slim tires. Diamondback SL-7 rim allows an additional support to the wheel. The dark bike may suit your personality. Also, you can upgrade any of the bike parts as you desire. 27.5 × 2.35-inch tire width is great for off road riding. The bike is available in two different sizes that suit your height.
Important Features of Atroz Nashbar Exclusive Mountain Bike
- 6061-T6 Aluminum frame is awesome and makes the bike super strong and durable. You can use this bike for many years. Super strong construction ensures you safer rides in any terrain.
- SRAM 1×9 speed drivetrain is great. SRAM X5 derailleur in the back is under its control. 32T cahinring along with SRAM PG50 (11-34T) cassette make the perfect drivetrain. You don't need to worry about shifting gears as it is smooth and allows you shifting in any terrain.
- Rear shock Monarch R 4 inch and front fork Recon Silver 120mm from Rock Shox provide a higher level suspension in an entry level bike.
- You can have an extreme power pause by Tektro Aries disc brakes. So, you can pull the brake level in any terrain knowing how it's going to stop instantly.
- DB sync saddle is awesome with the micro-adjustable seat post. You may change a minor in the setting to your fit.
- The bike is good for men and unisex children. It's available in various sizes, and the weight depends on the size of the bike.
- The newer 27.5-inch wheel with 2.35-inch wide tire is perfect for climbing the rock, and off road.
Wears and Gears for Mountain Bike
If you need complete fun with your mountain bike, you can't avoid something very crucial. For hassle free Safe Mountain biking ride, you need some essential wears and gears.
For safe riding experience anywhere, you need some special wears designed for your biking. I prefer to have a helmet, shoes, hand gloves and specially designed costumes. I always prefer a good quality helmet for riding in off-road, especially up or down hilling, rock crushing and adventure riding. This will protect you from the head injury. A good pair of shoes will ensure all of your paddles in the correct direction without any mislead. Wearing hand gloves is ideal for good grip in off terrain riding. Costumes will reduce the air interference that allows you to move faster. Moreover, I'd like to take my favorite sunglass with me.
On the other hand, you'd not forget some essential gears while biking. I prefer taking multiple toolkits, a hydraulic pump, and quick puncture repair kit. All those things you should take in your backpack. The pump, toolkit and puncture repair are crucial for off-road riding. Multiple punctures may happen even in a single ride, and you may find nobody around to help.
Finally, I often prefer to take sufficient hydration with me, especially in cross country riding. It's my life, and I don't want to drink shabby water.
No matter if you're a beginner or have the basic of mountain biking, those bikes are going to serve your purpose. All the full suspension mountain bikes under 1000, which one I select, have the good reasons behind. I consider the suspension, wheel, tube, frame, tire, drivetrain, weight and height that suit you. Also, I also consider the upgrading options for you. While reviewing the quality, I also remember the budget and tried to make it the right product within this.
However, if you ask me, the one I would prefer for myself, it's quite tough to take one of the top 10 products. But if you push me more, I will go for the Diamondback Recoil Full Suspension Bike- See the best offer, if I know the basic of mountain biking. I love the 3 by 8 drivetrain. 6061 T6 Aluminum frame is awesome with dual disc brake. I also prefer the large wheel it used for down hilling and cutting the rock.
Again, if I'm a beginner, I'll go for a Cyrusher FR 100 Men's Full Suspension Folding Mountain Bike- Check Now, as it uses 2 by 12 drivetrain rather using 3 by 8 drivetrain.
Besides my preference, the others are also good in quality. But you have to decide which one is the right one for you. However, if you're not satisfied yet and searching for more options, click here to get more info.